Wednesday, September 23, 2009

End Stage Renal Failure: The Season Finale

I'm sitting here in ICU. And it's done. And so the hard work begins. The surgery is the easy part for me, especially with how sick I've been. I mean, I got propofol. How exciting is that?! If it's good enough for Michael Jackson, I'll take it! I didn't have any psychedelic Colt McCoy National Title themed fantasies, which was disappointing. But I do have a morphine button that can dispense some pain relieving greatness every five minutes so things kind of evened out.
I'm no longer nauseated. My stomach doesn't feel like it's turning inside out. I'm not exhausted and I'm not freezing cold. My hemoglobin has gone from 7 to 9.5 already. My incision hurts but you can't make a salmon frittata without breaking a few eggs, am i right?
The love and support I have seen has been truly overwhelming, in a good way! I want to be sure to take the time to thank of each of you individually for sending me such positivity and showing such respect for me in this really hard time.
I have an uphill trek ahead but I'm so excited about what the view from the top will be. Please continue to pray for me, for my Aunt Cheryl and for all the doctors and nurses. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart! Love, Mary and her new kidney

No comments:

Post a Comment