Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Jerky to Save Lives!

An excerpt from my Facebook, which also applies to all my blog followers!


So here's the deal, for those of you who don't know, I had a bi-lateral lung transplant in October of 2000. I've been suffering from chronic lung rejection since July of 2010. Since that time, I've been medically withdrawn from school and am currently undergoing photopheresis treatments to stop (and possibly
somewhat reverse) the lung rejection.

I have been blessed to be able to travel across the country and get the most advanced treatments and expert advice throughout my life. However, there are many people who are not as fortunate as I have been.

The American Organ Transplant Association is a wonderful charity out of Houston, TX that helps arrange free transportation for patients to get to the best hospitals for transplant evaluations, surgery, and aftercare. They also help patients save money on prescription medications which can be thousands of dollars a month without insurance, along with promoting organ, marrow, and tissue donation to the public.

To help raise money during this time when I am unable to be in school, I am making homemade beef jerky to sell to you all! 100% of any profits or donations will be given to AOTA. For $5, you can order a bag of beef jerky for your summer road trip, fishing excursion, or late night snack craving! Orders can be shipped for an extra $2!

You can pay me via cash, check, or even via text through Venmo (it's super easy)!
Contact me through phone, facebook, or just stop by if you're hungry for jerky or wanting to make a donation! I'm back and forth between San Antonio and Austin and want everyone who's interested in helping to be able to!

Everyone in my family can attest that this jerky is amazing (it's a secret family recipe!) and I can promise you'll be making the lives of transplant patients better! Thanks for reading all this!

Remember: BEFF JERKY:$5. Satisfy your taste-buds and help save a life!!!
Check out AOTA online for more information on them! http://aotaonline.org/default.aspx

Mary Katherine Burkholder
210 383 5546

910 W. 25th St. Apt. #310

Austin, TX 78705

No comments:

Post a Comment