Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Stir Crazy

Independent George is dead. To those who do not get that joke, no worries.

My life is house arrest. Thank my Lord that I am no longer in the hospital, but I am here at home, waiting still for that phone call. Life has been reduced to as far as supplemental oxygen can take me.

I feel as if I took for granted what little lung capacity I had prior to June 6 and could kick myself for not being more grateful. But then again, who isn't guilty of forgetting to count all their blessings? Right now, I am alive. And every day, I am one day closer to a transplant, whenever that day may come.

I get a guitar lesson tomorrow from my brother Kyle, which is exciting since I'm too inept to even master the D chord at this point. The kitchen has and will continue to be an escape for me, however, I still am asking for prayer. Prayer for strength to return to my body, mind, and spirit. I need prayer to get stronger, gain weight, heal the infection in my lungs, and possibly get off this trach. I'm not sure how many people actually read this, but if you do, and if you pray, please take a second to do so. I will be indebted more than I can say. I need support more than anything until that phone call arrives.

for 23 years, God has taken care of me, and I don't think He has abandoned me now. However, I want to remain a good example of a servant of His, rather than becoming reliant on myself. I know alone, I will succumb to depression and hopelessness. But with your prayers, I know I can stay upbeat and the time will quickly pass to the day I receive my transplant. Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment