Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Holiday Update!


It's been awhile since I've posted anything on here, but I wanted to just tell you how much I am loving feeling better. My life over the past couple months have been magical! I've been truly blessed to not get sick with any of the flus going around. I'm taking advantage of my time off by cooking, baking, making holiday cards, and learning how to sew. I'm truly cherishing my time at home with my parents knowing I'll be back in Austin, going full speed ahead in about a month.
I'm in love with glitter, adding it to everything from Christmas cards to pictures of Jordan Shipley.
I threw a small Thanksgiving dinner party about 2 weeks ago for 9 of my friends. I made a turkey, all by myself. I wish I had taken a picture! I also made stuffing and chocolate and bourbon pecan pie with homemade vanilla beam whipped cream. My friends overwhelmed me with their willingness to contribute. Everyone brought side dishes from mac and cheese to creamed corn to green bean casserole... everyone wanted to help! And everything was delicious. It was so magical!
I have watched my Texas Longhorns go 13-0. I won't be at the Big 12 game this weekend. Buuut I'll be watching, waiting for it to be official that we're going to the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. I already have my game ticket, flight, and hotel!
I cannot wait for Christmas to get closer! I'm so thankful for all the blessings of the past few months and I can't wait to take advantage of the season and use my time to spend time with family and make festive crafts, food, and sweet treats!
I want to thank everyone for the love and support I have received! Even throughout one of the most difficult times in my life, I have always felt truly cared for and totally supported, making this road so much easier to travel. I truly believe I could face any trial that comes my way and come out stronger as long as I have the love of my beautiful friends and loving family! God bless you all this Christmas season!
-Mary Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment